Game: NFL Draft 2020 ✅ NFL Draft 2020 Picks & NFL Draft 2020 Predictions
Date: April 23–25, 2020
Start time: 8:00 PM EST, Bristol, Connecticut
TV Channel: ABC, ESPN, NFL Network, ESPN Deportes, ESPN Radio
The 2020 NFL Draft will be conducted through Microsoft Teams and for the first time, it will be held in Bristol, Connecticut (broadcast origination). To me, the first two picks are determined.
- 1. Joe Burrow had a fantastic season and I’m sure that the Bengals won’t go past him. They are in a need for a quarterback and Burrow seems like the perfect fit for them.
- 2. Chase Young, however, is the best prospect in this year’s draft. He is by far the strongest DROY candidate and a once in a generation pass rush talent. Even though Washington has too much talent in this position, Young is just too good and he will be picked by the Redskins
- 3. Here is where it gets interesting. Tua Tagovailoa’s name is the most mentioned one in this year’s NFL Draft. He was expected to be selected first overall before the season started but his injury problems concern a lot of GMs and scouts. Detroit wants to trade back for a 5th or 6th first-round pick but I’m not sure if that is going to happen. The thing is that the Dolphins and the Chargers are in a desperate need for a quarterback. If the two teams find out that they are battling for the same player(Justin Herbert or Tua), a bidding war will start. With Tua’s injury concerns and Herbert’s question marks, we might not see any trade here. Or if there is a trade, it might be a sleeper- for example, Jacksonville or New England trading up. Overall, I believe that Tua won’t be selected as number 3 or 4 even if anyone trades up- it might be because they select Herbert. The 4th pick will certainly be taken by the Giants who will select an Offensive Tackle.
Picks: 3rd quarterback drafted- Tua Tagovailoa; Tua Tagovailoa- Draft position for NFL Draft- Over 4.5; 2nd quarterback drafted- Justin Herbert; Who will be drafted first out of Tua and Herbert- Justin Herbert; Justin Herbert Draft position- Under 5.5 at
- 4. As we already said, the New York Giants will certainly use their first pick, to get an offensive tackle. They struggled with keeping their quarterback safe last year and I’m sure that they will try to address that. I’m still not sure if they like Tristan Wirfs or Andrew Thomas better, but they will certainly select one of them.
- 5. Isaiah Simmons is another once in a generation player coming into this year’s NFL Draft. Even though we believe that 3 quarterbacks might be taken early, I’m not sure if that is going to be the case with the big number of question marks when it comes to Tua or Herbert. That is why selecting the LB Simmons from Clemson early is a good option, especially for young GMs who do not want to take risks- Simmons will do the job and he will produce good numbers, starting from day 1.
- 6. AJ Epenesa is a name that started circulating the media in the previous weeks. There are many teams in the NFL that would want to draft an elite pass rusher but do not have the first picks in the draft. That is why they are going to use theirs on Epenesa when their time comes. Epenesa is definitely on the Falcons’ radar since Clayborne and Beasley left the team and I won’t be surprised if Atlanta takes him
- 7. Even though a lot of LSU players will become NFL players and they seem to be NFL-ready, only 3 of them caught my eye- Joe Burrow, K’Lavon Chaisson, and Justin Jefferson. These are the only players(plus, potentially Patrick Quinn) that I believe could be selected in the 1st round and a good pick would be to predict that there will be less than 4.5 LSU players selected in the first round
- 8. It is very much expected that Oakland will trade back and take Chicago’s 19th pick, to select Jordan Love. Even though I love Gruden and I believe this will be the perfect place for Love, I am not sold on that. Gruden would want to solidify his team and overpaying a decent quarterback won’t help. There are also rumors that Patriots are interested in this kid and they might select him with the 23rd pick. All of these things could happen but talent-wise Love is not on the same level as Herbert, Burrow, and Tua.
- 9. Jake Fromm and Jalen Hurts will certainly have to wait for day 2 before they are selected. The real question is who will be selected first. Fromm has a great work ethic and he is consistent while Hurts is a raw talent that has a higher ceiling. If they go to a well-structured organization like the Eagles, Steelers, Falcons, Patriots, etc., these players will certainly flourish in a couple of years. People started talking about Fromm going to Atlanta or New England in the last few weeks. If you ask anyone in Georgia about his skill set, they won’t lie and they will tell you that he is limited and lacks the arm strength, however, there is not anyone that can be compared to his work ethic-wise.
- 10. There aren’t a lot of running backs in this class and there aren’t many elite ones. D’Andre Swift was expected to be a high first-round pick before the beginning of the season but the bad Georgia season as a whole affected his draft stock. I still see him and Jonathan Taylor as high caliber players and there is a chance that they are both selected in the 1st round, even though it is highly unlikely. But I still believe that there will be a team that will reach out to select any of them with the first 32 picks- Swift and Taylor are just too good to be passed by.